Monday, November 10, 2008

Re-Birth

Let's face it. I'm not an IF anymore.

I mean, I am. I AM. I always will be. I had to explain this to H. I am now and ever shall be IF. (Amen).

But the death of Mama impacted me profoundly. And the fact that it wasn't mentioned in the clicker blog newspaper thing... actually hurt.

But then I realized: Mama's death was different. It wasn't a baby, a miscarriage, an un-wanted period. It was a new and different pain. Yet still a painful kind of pain.

And it still hurts.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nica~

I am sorry about your MIL. And I am sorry you were excluded from the newspaper. You should feel hurt..it's family. It counts...and who decides what counts and what doesn't. If we can hear about someone's new dog...your loss should have been mentioned.

I emailed when I started my blog...commented when I had my Egg retrieval...my BFP..my M/c...never made it to the newspaper. It hurt.

Again I am sorry for your loss...

Bea said...

I'm sure it was just a mistake that it didn't get mentioned. I know that sort of news is "allowed" because it's been there before. I've been doing that thing where I wonder how you're going then don't write and ask (sorry about that). It's true what you say - she's been there all along. And for all her funny little quirks - well, it must be a huge hole.

Bea

TeamWinks said...

It most definitely counts, and my heart broke for you and your family. Thank you for coming back to posting. I hope your wounds will continue to heal.

I'm so sorry for your loss.

Anonymous said...

It absolutely counts.

Not to minimize, but much that goes on is over looked due to the overwhelming amount of information, but I understand what you mean. Birthdays are mentioned, annivesaries, etc. So why not every bit of info when someone needs support.

It doesn't mean much I am sure, but I have been thinking about you. Hugs