Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Everything Else

I know what it takes to get pregnant. Or, more exactly, I know what it takes to get me pregnant.


It takes being on a macro.biotic diet. Going without sugar and caffeine. Taking a busload of vitamins and supplements. Regular exercise. Positive thinking. Acupuncture. Chiropractor. Massage. Oh, and IVF. (Of course).


Most of which is hard to do when you have, um, a child.


I brought Spunx to an acupuncture appointment. (New insurance, different coverage, brand new acupuncturist). The acu refused to treat me since I had Spunx. "What will happen if he cried?"

Um. Yeah. Good point. (Even my regular acupuncturist gently says "a babysitter would be better...") The chiropractor doesn't care, and the masseuse has yet to be polled.

This is going to be difficult.

The diet is all me. I have no excuse for my failure here. It's been hard for me to constrain my diet. I have no willpower. A little a cheese, a little sugar, a decaf coffee and I'm a goner. It doesn't sound like a lot, but for me it is. (I don't know if I've ever mentioned, but I did innumerable IUIs. Double digits, I lost count IUIs. I got to compare how I responded to the same drugs with different lifestyles and diets. Trust me. I know of what I speak in this area...)

Crap. It's hard to go back to back to leaves and berries when W,hite C.astle has crept into your diet.

The supplements are easier. They're only pills, for crying out loud. Even *I* can manage to swallow a few times aday. It's the remembering that's a little difficult for me.

The exercise? EASY PEASY. Okay, not the "f.ertility y.oga" that I did the first time around, but I am constantly lugging, chasing or pushing Spunx. I'm not only at my pre-pregnancy weight, I'm six pounds under.

And as to the positive thinking... yeah. Working on that one next.

1 comment:

Bea said...

I guess this time you might have to sub "not thinking about it" for "positive thinking". I hear that works, too. Pity you can't jump on board the "take a holiday" bandwagon, though.

Wishing you luck.

Bea