Saturday, February 14, 2009

Apologies from THAT Woman

Friday, I had an appointment at my RE. (The water torture test--I can't remember the name for the life of me).

Friday's normally a day off of work for me, and in these tight times, a day off of work is a day without childcare.

Which meant I took Spunx to the RE. And in doing so, became THAT Woman. The one who so thoughtlessly flaunts her baby.

I apologize.

Not only for me, but for all of the rest of them.

I am sorry.

If it's any consolation, and it probably won't be, I completely wrenched my back hauling the stroller up the steps. And the back pain lingers even now.

But I know. No consolation.

I'd even like to apologize even though there were three other mothers with children there (two infants in strollers, one about six). I did not feel validated or comforted or anything like that when I saw them. Frankly, I was horrified. How could they be so cavalier? So thoughtless? WTH?

2 comments:

TeamWinks said...

I call that being stuck between a rock and a hard place. Sometimes there just isn't much you can do.

Anonymous said...

Saline ultrasound.

I think in these trying times we all need to be a little more patient and a heck of a lot understanding...ttc doesn't end just because the economy tanks...but sometimes child care does.

Don't sweat it! I say this because my RE's office is the LARGEST women's hospital in the county--thus when I go I get to see the new borns leaving the hospital.