Monday, December 29, 2008

Two Two Two

Two years ago, I took the M1S (Mü11erian 1nhibiting Substance) or the Mü11erian 1nhibiting Factor (M1F) test at my clinic. It's the hip'n'hot way of measuring "ovarian reserve" and is considered (by my clinic, at least) to be a good indication of how one will perform in 1VF.

Two years ago, I scored a 0.76. That was good, said the faceless voice of the clinic on the voicemail message. That made me a "good candidate."

The (normal) results range from 0.3 ("consistent with low ovarian reserve") to 5.0 ("high").

Two years ago, I was told the "cut off point" for my clinic was 0.4.

Two years ago, the faceless voice of the clinic on the voicemail message said it "wouldn't be worth it" to try 1VF with a score below 0.4.

Two weeks ago, I scored a 0.23 on the same test.

Two hours ago, H got the results.

Two hours ago, H heard the faceless voice of the clinic question our resolve to try again. Because the results were not good.

Two minutes ago H finally screwed up the courage to call and tell me. (Mostly because I kept texting him).

Two seconds ago, H asked me the question.

"What do you want to do now?"

2 comments:

Bea said...

Crap. That's a hard one. All I can say is good luck with the decision. What are your thoughts so far?

Bea

Anonymous said...

Is there another clinic you could consult with? One that isn't so stringent that you could utilize? I know easier said than done. This sucks.