Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Year-End Round Up

Lesse.

In January, we started telling people we were pregnant. And, blog-ally speaking, I posted a pretty awesome response to the Why Don't You Just Adopt? question (if I do say so myself).

In February, Mama lost her walker (which she needed to walk) and I was pregnant and worried.

In March, we contemplated (and even did research on) finding Mama a new adult daycare center. And my company announced that they were probably going bankrupt. And I was pregnant and worried.

In April, I was hospitalized. My placenta abrupted BUT THEN IT GOT BETTER. Because that happens. Sure. And I was pregnant. And worried. And spending huge amounts of time on bedrest.

In May, I started counting. How many days till the baby can safely be born? How many days until I qualify for maternity leave? How many days until my employer seases to exist? How many times can I run to the maternity emergency room? How many times ***OVERSHARE ALERT*** can I pass blood and still be told everything's fine.

Also, in May, we took Mama to a new doctor. Who should have figured out she was sick. Who should have given her a full examination. But didn't.

And, oh yeah. I was pregnant and worried.

In June, we gave birth. And I lost my talisman, which still STILL saddens me. And my life completely changed.

In July, I was sleep deprived. Mama went downhill quickly, and no one (at the time) quite knew why. She'd been complaining for quite some time, but she was MAMA. She always complained. And me? I wasn't worried. I was too exhausted to be worried.

In August, Spunketta started sleeping through the night. Which meant *I* started sleeping through the night. Which meant I returned to my role of guardian of the family's health. Which meant *I* took Mama to the doctor and refused to leave until we had an answer. Which meant that we found Mama's cancer. Which meant that she went into the hospital. H was resigned, but I wasn't worried. Because this was MAMA. Everything would be okay.

In September, Mama died. This photo sums it up better than any words could.

In October, one of our two cats died. I grieved. I coped. I returned to work.

In November, I started a new blog. And I grieved. And I coped. And I realized that some may not consider me an IF anymore. And I grieved THAT. And I coped.

In December, my blogging had greater frequency. I went to the RE to see about baby #2. Which will be an adventure for the new year.

I still grieve. And I cope.

I'm not done yet.

How about you?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have had quite a year with the birth of your son and the loss of Mama.

I hope 2009 brings you peace and happiness.

Bea said...

One hell of a year. I wish you a quieter 2009 - you've had far too many upheavals. You need time to sit and grieve and cope. I hope you get that time.

Bea

TeamWinks said...

I agree, what a crazy year. I couldn't even begin to attempt to sum up mine. What a roller coaster!